All the kids in the Pullen Family

Sunday, June 13, 2010

This Date in History June 3, 2010

As I posted in an earlier blog my Great-Grandma McIntyre turned 100 years old on June 3, 2010.  On this day my Grandmaw McIntyre, Pops McIntyre, Aunt Terri, her friend Jimmy, Heather, Alex, and I were able to go to the Assisted Living Center where my Great-Grandma McIntyre lives in Romney, WV to celebrate her birthday with her there along with all the other residents and staff.

The local florists in the area all donated roses to my Great-Grandma as a way of showing their care for her turning 100.  What surprized us all was that she got 100 red roses.

Great-Grandma Peggy also got a birthday card from President Obama and his wife Michelle Obama as well.

During her party Alex was listening to an iPod and Great-Grandma asked him what he had. Alex showed her what it was and even helped her to listen to it. Which she really enjoyed.  I found this very cool that she enjoyed it so much at 100 years old.  Just think about it, when she was 11 years old there wasn't even a thought in any persons mind about inventing an iPod.

All the residents and staff really seemed to enjoy themselves and we all had a great time celebrateing her birthday with them on that day.


I have a ton of pictures to share. As the old saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words." That being said I will let the photos speak for themselves.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment